Needing a beyond amazing and versatile tactical flashlight? The Klarus XT12S might be just the tactical flashlight for you! The XT12S is similar to the XT12GT, but it’s more compact. While the XT12GT is almost 6.5 inches, the XT12S is barely above 5.5 inches! The XT12S delivers a maximum output of 1600 lumens with a maximum beam distance of 402 meters. You can thank the CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED in the XT12S for all that power. Not only is it powerful, it’s built to fit onto a weapon-mount for hunting or tactical applications. It also has a stainless steel strike bezel that you can use for self-defense in an emergency situation. With this flashlight, you’re definitely prepared.
There’s more to this flashlight than meets the eye. Not only does it have multiple brightness levels, is rechargeable, and is programmable, the user interface is fairly intuitive. The XT12S is operated with the dual tail switches. The main switch gives you access to Momentary-On and turns the flashlight ON and OFF while the secondary switch (or mode switch) lets you cycle through the brightness levels and gives you access to immediate strobe or immediate low, depending on which program it’s set in. Speaking of the brightness outputs, you have a total of six including two flashing modes: strobe and SOS. With these options you’re able to use the XT12S in a variety of situations from tactical applications to outdoor use like cycling and camping and more.
Now, let’s get into the two programmable settings: the Tactical Setting and the Outdoor Setting.
Tactical Setting - With the main switch, you get instant access to the turbo mode and by pressing the secondary switch down you have instant access to the strobe mode. This is great for any tactical situation or if you prefer your flashlight be ready for self-defense.
Outdoor Setting - With the main switch, you get instant access to the turbo mode. By holding the secondary switch down you get instant access to the low brightness level. You can also easily access the SOS mode in this setting. This program is great for any outdoor activity or if you find yourself using the low mode frequently.
The XT12S is also rechargeable using the magnetic charging port located on the side. With this charging port you can easily charge the XT12S securely and efficiently. The magnetic charging port doubles as a battery capacity indicator. It glows green when the battery is over 70% charged, orange when it’s 30-70% charged, red when it’s 10-30% charged, and flashes red when it’s under 10% charged. It does come with the USB magnetic charging cord so you don’t need to worry about finding one. It also comes with a high-quality powerful Klarus 18650 battery with a 3600 mAh capacity. However, the XT12S can run on any 18650 battery or a pair of CR123 batteries, though it might not deliver as much power. It’s important to know that when you’re charging the XT12S, the indicator will glow red when the battery is charging, green when it’s finished charging, and orange when something is wrong with the charging process.
Moving onto safety, Klarus made certain that the XT12S was built to last and to be used safely. The body is made of aerospace aluminum alloy with a hard anodized finish and is built to dissipate the heat from the LED. It also has an Intelligent Temperature Protection System (ITS) that monitors the internal temperature and adjusts the output accordingly to protect the LED and internal components, and to ensure safety, stability, and maximize user comfort. The XT12S also has front and rear internally mounted springs to protect the battery from impacts. In fact, the XT12S is impact resistant up to 1 meter and is waterproof up to IPX8 standards.
There’s no stopping this beast of a tactical flashlight. It’s everything you need to get any job done.
- Equipped with a CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED delivering a max of 1600 lumens with a beam distance of 402 meters
- Has a dual tactical tail switch
- Has six total outputs:
- Turbo (1600 lumens) - 1.2 hour runtime
- High (400 lumens) - 4 hour runtime
- Medium (100 lumens) - 14 hour runtime
- Low (10 lumens) - 200 hour runtime
- Strobe (1600 lumens) - 2.4 hour runtime
- SOS (100 lumens) - 42 hour runtime
- Has two programmable settings:
- Tactical Setting: One-Touch Turbo, One-Touch Strobe
- Outdoor Setting: One-Touch Low, One-Touch Turbo with SOS
- Patented magnetic charging
- Battery capacity indicator/charging indicator
- Can run on either 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123
- Crafted from 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy Construction with Mil-Spec HAIII Anodizing
- Has ITS that monitors the internal temperature and adjusts output
- Reverse polarity protection
- Impact resistant up to 1 meter
- Waterproof up to IPX8 standards
- Klarus 5 year warranty
- Klarus 18GT-36 18650 rechargeable battery with 3600mah
- Magnetic charging cable
- Removable pocket clip
- Spare o-ring
• CREE XPH35 HI D4 LED with a lifespan up to 50,000 hours.
• Tactical Setting as factory default.
• 4 lighting levels and 2 strobe modes.
• Working Voltage: 2.5V-8.4V.
• Compatible Batteries: 1x 18650 battery with PCB protection or 2 x CR123A batteries.
• Charging Time: Depends temp-on the battery capacity. Formula: Charging Time = (capacity of battery/1000mA+1H).
• Reflector: Smooth Reflector.
• Switch Type: Dual Tactical Tail Switch.
• Dimension: (Head) 34.9mm (1.37") × (Body) 25.4mm (1") × (Length)143.3mm(5.64").
• Net Weight: 131g (4.62oz) (w/o battery).
• Material: 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy Construction, Mil-Spec HAIII Anodizing.
• Waterproof: IPX8 (underwater 2 meters).
• Lens: Durable Tempered Glass with anti-corrosion AR coating.
• Included Accessories: Charging Cable x 1, Lanyard x 1, Spare O-ring x 1, 18650 Battery x 1,Holster x 1, Clip x 1.