The Klarus XT11S and the XT11GT impressed the flashlight community by taking the beloved XT11 and upgrading it into one of the most advanced flashlights! Now, Klarus has done the same thing with the beloved XT12 and introduced the XT12GT! The Klarus XT12GT is an awesome advanced tactical programmable flashlight. Equipped with a CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED, the XT12GT has a maximum output of 1600 lumens and has a beam throw of 603 meters! The size of the XT12GT is just a little over 6.5 inches in length so it fits comfortable in your hand and is easy to toss into an edc bag. There are a ton of features to this flashlight so let’s just dive in! The XT12GT has a dual-tactical tail switch design with one main switch and one mode switch. It features four brightness levels and two specialty modes: Strobe and SOS.
Just like the original XT12, the XT12GT features the magnetic charging port! Although Klarus has improved a little on that as well! For starters, the battery capacity indicator is now more specific and when the flashlight is initially turned on, the indicator will let you know what the remaining charge of your battery is (battery included). Also, many users didn’t like that you needed a separate charging cable and Klarus has heard what customers have to say and introduced the magnetic charging connector that comes with the XT12GT. This connector connects to a micro USB cable and attaches itself to the magnetic charging port of the flashlight. This means that you can use any USB cable you want with this connector! The connector easily fits on a keychain and actually functions as a small edc light itself that you can pull out if you’re searching for something in your car or need to read something in the dark.
The XT12GT is more advanced and comes with two programmable settings: the Tactical Setting and the Outdoor Setting.
The Tactical Setting includes a One-Touch Turbo with the main switch and a One-Touch Strobe for the mode switch. You can access the Strobe mode whether the flashlight is ON or OFF by holding down the mode switch. You can also cycle through the different brightness levels by clicking the mode switch while the flashlight is turned ON.
The Outdoor Setting includes a One-Touch Turbo with the main switch and a One-Touch Low with the mode switch. You can cycle through the different brightness levels by clicking the mode switch while the flashlight is turned ON and you can also access the SOS mode through the mode switch.
Here are some other things to know about the XT12GT: It features a Smart ITS temperature control that will adjust the output and prevent your flashlight from overheating. The LED is protected by the durable tempered glass lens that has an AR film plating making the lens scratch resistant. The body is made from 6061 - T6 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy with Mil-Spec HAIII Hard Anodizing. The XT12GT is waterproof up to IPX8 standards (submersible up to 2 meters underwater for 30 minutes) and is impact resistant up to 1.5 meters.
- Equipped with a CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED that delivers up to 1600 lumens
- Has a maximum beam distance 603 meters
- Features a dual-tactical tail switch
- Features four brightness levels and two specialty modes: SOS and Strobe
- Turbo (1600 lumens) - 1.2 hour runtime
- High (400 lumens) - 4 hour runtime
- Medium (100 lumens) - 14 hour runtime
- Low (10 lumens) - 200 hour runtime
- Strobe (1600 lumens) - 2.4 hour runtime
- SOS (100 lumens) - 42 hour runtime
- Has a magnetic charging port
- Has a battery power indicator
- Features two programmable settings:
- The Tactical Setting: One-Touch Turbo, One-Touch Strobe, and easy cycling through the brightness levels
- The Outdoor Setting: One-Touch Turbo, One-Touch Low, and easy cycling through the brightness levels
- Has Smart ITS temperature control
- Has a tempered glass lens that has an AR film plating
- The body is made from 6061 - T6 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy with Mil-Spec HAIII Hard Anodizing
- Waterproof up to IPX8 standards
- Impact resistant up to 1.5 meters
- Includes a magnetic charging connector
- 5 year Klarus warranty
- Klarus 18GT-36 18650 battery 3600 mAh
- Magnetic Charging Connector
- USB Cable
- Spare O-ring
• Utilizes CREE XPH35 HI D4 LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours
• Tactical Setting as factory default
Notice: Only when using KLARUS 18GT-36 3600mAh battery or the same batteries of the other brand, the Max output could be up to 1600LM; When using the normal 18650 battery with PCB protection or 2 x CR123A batteries, the Max output could be only up to 1300LM
• Working voltage: 2.5V-8.4V
• Compatible Batteries: 1x 18650 battery with PCB protection or 2 x CR123A batteries
• Charging time: Depends on the battery capacity
Formula: charging time= (capacity of battery/1000mA+1H)
• Body colour: Black
• Reflector: Smooth reflector
• Switch type: Dual Tactical Tail Switch
• Dimension: (Head)45.2mm(1.78") × (Body)25.4mm(1") × (Length)161.5mm(6.36")
• Net weight: 159g (5.60oz) (Excluding battery)
• Material: Aircraft-grade aluminum 6061-T6, Type III hard-anodized
• Waterproof: IPX-8 (underwater 2 metres)
• Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass with anti-corrosion AR coating
Overall Customer Rating of 4 Reviews: